Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Cocoon de laid

I started this blog because I though I had so many things to say about poetry nd writing, but now on day two I find that I can't think of much. I've already deleted a boring paragraph about opening poetry mail, and I was trying to write a response to the question 'what do you do when a poem is stuck' but I don't know what I do. Most of the time I just think real hard about giving up, and then I get over it. So maybe I'll write about the name of my blog.

Cochon de lait is French for suckling pig or roasted pig. Once I used the word in a poem as a term of endearment spoken by a man to a woman. I liked it so much I used it another poem. Then people had heard it so much that it sort of turned into a joke--everybody shouting out cochon de lait, cochon de lait, which is kind of funny if you think about it. So that's where the idea came from. I was pretty certain that no one else would use that name for a blog.

As soon as I can figure out how to put links on my sidebar I am going to list the other blogs that I like to check out.

Onward.

PS If I pay any attention to spell check it tells me to write cocoon of laid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home