Saturday, June 11, 2005

Goodbye to Privacy

Blogging is such a strange thing. You get a few minutes, log into your account, then write about what is on your mind. One day you may be elated, the next you may be dejected. You may be in the mood to talk about your sex life, your children, the current issue of Poetry Magazine--whatever. You just write what you think, spell check it (maybe) and publish the post. All of this is done in the privacy of your home or office, and while you know that anyone can get to your blog and read your posts, you don't really think about that--or mbe do you.

Lately I have had lots of things I want to talk about on my blog, but I have been afraid to for many reasons. I don't want others out there to think I am petty, or lazy, or behind the times. I don't want a reviewer to quote me out of context. So I put a lid on it or talk in code. I don't know what bothers me more--the fact that I don't have the balls to say fuck it and say what I want to say, or the combined vanity and fear that makes me think people care enough about this writing to comment on it, or hunt me down.

1 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Ha! You and me both, sistah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home