Thursday, October 13, 2005

Reading

FYI, I'll be giving a reading at Southeastern Louisiana University on Monday, October 17 at noon in the Vonnie Borden Theater.

The PR people from the school called me and wanted to know the titles of the poems I am planning to read. I thought that was strange. I haven't checked the paper, but I am feeling quite certain they did not use what I tossed out: "Breaking Curfew with the Ancient Chinese Poet," "Don't Worry, Spiders, I Keep House Casually," "Pharaoh Says Phuck You," "To a Lawn Jockey, Lines Written in Spring," & etc.

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Alison,
I was thinking about you just yesterday--I've started a weekly meme on my own blog where I post a poem every Thursday night, and when I did a search for "The Zydeco Tablet" (you know, so I wouldn't have to type it in), I came across your blog. I'll have to check it out in greater detail soon.

So anyway, I assume you made it through the storm okay--my daughter is living with me in Florida now as a result of it. My girlfriend and I are both instructors of English at Florida Atlantic University. Feel free to drop by and give my place a look.

Brian Spears

 

Post a Comment

<< Home