Saturday, September 03, 2005

Bad to Worse

Bryan made it to our house, but I almost wish he hadn't. We took hits from three pine trees--two in the same place, and one so large it tore/smashed roof from back of house to front. Lots of water damage from rain. Books, guitars, toys, furniture ruined. Attic exposed. I spent the day looking for a place to live in Hammond, which over night has become an impossible-to-penetrate, cutthroat real estate place. I have lots of connections, and none of them did me any good. I was told there was a house I could buy for 289K if I moved fast (like in an hour) but I still have to meet the mortgage on my destroyed house, and I don't know how I will be able to get in to work. (I'm supposed to be back on Thursday)

My kids are so confused, and I don't know where we'll be living in a week.

3 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Jeannine said...

Alison, my thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need basic "stuff," let me know what and where to send it and I'll post a call on my blog.
God bless, Jeannine

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Sean said...

Hey Lady, I'm very happy to hear you made it out alive. I heard from Mother Mary last week, but I hadn't found your blog till tonight. I got a quick email from Jack. I hated hearing about your house since I could visualize it, and strang things hit me, like a body in the water is one thing but hearing about the guitars . . . it's been strange. I feel like I need to cry, and I'm sure you're tired of it. Write when you ever get time. I'm thinking of you all.

Love,
Sean

sbchapman@gmail.com
501-609-0515

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Sean said...

I keep getting home too late, and I'm worried I'll wake folks (I've been grading a lot), so I'll try Thursday perhaps and try to catch you.

Sean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home