Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Katrina Refugee

Well, I never thought I'd be a refugee, but here I am in Cleveland Mississippi with no idea about home, people left at home, cats left at home, etc. New Orleans is nearly 100 flooded. The eyewall of thhe storm passed very close to me in Mandeville--all communication there is lost, so we have no idea what we'll be going home to. I've heard rumors that flooding in Mandeville was minimal, wind damage (read--pine trees) extensive. News coverage not too helpful--it's just showing flyovers of metropolitan New Orleans. At this point, I'm just hoping that one member of the family has at least a structure to return to, but I'm out of touch with everyone--no phone service, or the lines are busy.

Good news--my kids are safe, mom and husby are safe. We have also managed to locate a generator.

If anybody hears anything about Mandeville, Covington, or St. Tammany Parish, pleas post a comment.

2 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh, thank you, Alison, I've been thinking about you--I'm so relieved that you and your immediate family are safe.

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Alison Pelegrin said...

RE Folsom--

My inlaws are in that area, and so is my dog--I have heard that everyting is out, but that people are ok. Word on the message boards is that you can travel 190 as far south as Walmart, but then the road becomes impassable. There's a volunteer fire dept. out there, so I am sure that people can get out to find food and water.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home