Tuesday, July 12, 2005

We Made It

Well, I am thankful that there is nothing to report as far as hurricane weather is concerned, though the folks in Florida are telling a different story. It is terrible to sit and watch a big storm brewing and to be able to track it, and to wish it away from where you are but also away from where anyone else is. The worst thing that hapened in my neighborhood is that a tree got struck by lightening cross the street, and, by way of boredom, I had to sit through "Herbie" with my two kids. Charles would pitch a fit--even the cars are breeders.

Back to my life as an insecure poet.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Chris Tusa said...

I agree. I can't stand watching a terrible storm barrel toward some place like Pensacola, where they've already had such destruction. Me and Pam went to Pensacola three months ago, and there were still many homes (more than half) that were still destroyed by Ivan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home