Generally I have found the blog community to be funny, light-hearted, and supportive, but over the past few months I have encountered some pretty rude comments, I've had polite emails ignored, and recently, when someone sent out a general call for readers of a manuscript I said sure--I'd love to read it. (See how generaous I am!) Well, I practically had to go through an audition process--where have I published, who am I reading, where is my work online, etc.
Am I the only freak, or does everybody have encounters like this?
Now, on to a few things you may not know about me:
1. I had plastic surgery on my face after I was attacked by a dog.
2. I collect Jackalopes (so far I have two.)
3. I like walking, but I hate hiking (the road must be paved.)
4. I am scared to death of cockroaches.
5. When I was a little girl in dance lessons, the teacher told my parents I was klutzy and that they were wasting their money.
6. I drink WAY too much diet coke.
7. I don't have any close friends from high school.
8. I used to feather my hair and carry a comb in my back pocket.
9. (along the same lines as number seven) I can't skate backwards.
10. I was afraid to be in the room with my dad when he died.
This doesn't say much, does it?