Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Blog-o-Snobs

Generally I have found the blog community to be funny, light-hearted, and supportive, but over the past few months I have encountered some pretty rude comments, I've had polite emails ignored, and recently, when someone sent out a general call for readers of a manuscript I said sure--I'd love to read it. (See how generaous I am!) Well, I practically had to go through an audition process--where have I published, who am I reading, where is my work online, etc.

Am I the only freak, or does everybody have encounters like this?

Now, on to a few things you may not know about me:

1. I had plastic surgery on my face after I was attacked by a dog.

2. I collect Jackalopes (so far I have two.)

3. I like walking, but I hate hiking (the road must be paved.)

4. I am scared to death of cockroaches.

5. When I was a little girl in dance lessons, the teacher told my parents I was klutzy and that they were wasting their money.

6. I drink WAY too much diet coke.

7. I don't have any close friends from high school.

8. I used to feather my hair and carry a comb in my back pocket.

9. (along the same lines as number seven) I can't skate backwards.

10. I was afraid to be in the room with my dad when he died.

This doesn't say much, does it?

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Ewwww to the blog-o-snobs--I can definitely say that No, I've not had that experience.

But, what I really want to address is your list--are you my southern doppleganger? *lmao* I claim several of your mysterious ways.
;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home