Thursday, August 04, 2005

Slave to the Couch

Where have I been? What have I been up to? Well, I can assure you none of it is poetry related. We got a new sectional sofa and I have been babysiting it--keeping it dog free, and children with food and markers free. That in itslef is a full time job. I also have been shopping out of catalogues. (This is a new obsession of mine--buying Christmas presents in the summertime.)

I finished (?) my next book of poetry. I've been working on my syllabus. I read "That Is No Country for Old Men" by Cormac McCarthy, which was outstanding. I'm tryting to clean out my files (a joke).

As the summer ends, I've been taking the kids everywhere--to the zoo, the aquarium, and today to the Children's Museum for art time. We've also been going to slash around in the Mandeville fountain at the trailhead, across from the firestation and down the street from the library. My kids have been reading about bugs all summer, specifically flies, mosquitoes, and maggots. Ben wrote his name, a milestone considering his hand surgery in December.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home