Friday, September 02, 2005

I cannot believe what I am hearing about New Orleans. I don't understand why so many people are still there, though I speculate it has the media's inclination to focus on the behavior of a few individuals. And for the record, I would steal anything I needed to stay alive. And, FYI, rich white people are looting and robbing on the Northshore where my father-in-law is. He has taken to drivinig in pairs and carrying a weapon at all times. He has to drive to Hammond to call us.

In Mandeville our home is heavily damaged--according to my father-in-law, we no longer need a door because you can walk in the missing wall. I barely even care about this anymore, becase we will be able to fix the house at some point. Bryan tried to get to his parents yesterday, but had to turn back. No gas anywhere. I know they are worried sick--I think he will try again today.

I am supposed to be back to work on Sept. 6. I hope I don't lose my job, because then I'll have no health insurance, and Ben has breathing issues when he gets sick in the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home