Sunday, April 30, 2006

Episode Three

Well. I've had another couple of episodes similar to the Birmingham hotel experience. I wonder if it could be an ulcer--I am under tremendous stress right now--more and more so, it seems, as hurricane season season simultaneously gets behinds me and approaches (June 1).

Grading the last set of essays for the semester I am feeling joy as I look ahead to the summer where my only plans are to play in the sandbox with my kids and finally get the Katrina pictures into an album.

The only other thing we have going on is a disney world trip (I'm a virgin) and we are getting an electrician to come out to fix our phone, which is now 8 months out of wack. We're also going to get the electician to get us generator ready so that in the event of the next big storm we won't have to stay away for three weeks waiting for the power to come on.

Bid storm last night. Water filled the streets and those pine trees danced around--I could have puked. This morning we woke up and noticed a leak. In our new roof. The water was dripping from the a/c intake valve . . . not sure what to make of this. B thinks he was able to get to the problem area in the attic and said it was nothing, that it could be easily fixed.

The other day I had a missed call on my cell phone--it was a Puerto Rico area code, but I'm pretty sure there's no one there that I know.

2 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Do you think they're panic attacks? I've heard they can feel very similiar to heart attacks and after everything you been through this past 8 months....

I hope you resolve whatever it is soon. xo

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Brian said...

It sounds like that to me as well. It's at least worth getting a look.

And I know what you mean about being nervous about the upcoming hurricane season. I look around and see the blue tarps on roofs and wonder what the hell is going to happen to those folks in a month or two--and where we'll run to if we have to run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home