Friday, September 15, 2006

Big Muddy

I've known this for a week now, but now that my contract is in hand, I think it's time to announce that my manuscript Big Muddy River of Stars was chosen by B. H. Fairchild as winner of the Akron Poetry Prize. The book will feel released next fall by University of Akron Press.

I feel pretty good about this. Fairchild wrote one of my favorite books of poetry ever--I never dreamed he would be writing a blurn for my next book.

Also this week came a letter from the Southern Review that they'll be using two of my newest poems, and these are Katrina poems, in the forthcoming special issue Writing in the South.

17 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to read it... and I know Brian will be assigning it to his students next term! :-)

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Wonderful news! Big, BIG Congrats!
xo

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Charles said...

Congratulations!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Jeannine said...

Congrats! I knew your day was coming - I'm looking forward to reading everything! Now - go celebrate :)

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger C. Dale said...

Congratulations! Wonderful news.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Justin Evans said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love Fairchild, so I must love you too!

This is really great news!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Montgomery Maxton said...

Great news, congrats!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Eduardo C. Corral said...

Congrats!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations to you!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Steven D. Schroeder said...

Congratulations, Alison.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Lana Hechtman Ayers said...

Cream always rises, as my Grandma used to say. I knew this would happen soon. I am so happy for you. Congratulations.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Congrats, Alison. We'll be in the same issue of the Southern Review. I'm excited about that.

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Neil Aitken said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Drop us a line at Boxcar Poetry Review when it comes out and we'll help you with interviews and reviews.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Sean said...

Me too! Good job. Congratulations.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Kelli Russell Agodon - Book of Kells said...

YEAH Alison!

I've been meaning to send you congrats on this! CONGRATS! I look forward to it. Keep us informed!

All the best,
Kelli R. A.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is terrific news from Akron! Congratulations!

Greg Rappleye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home