Monday, September 25, 2006

Geaux Saints

I can't tell you how exciting it is around here today--the Dome is all ready to go for tonight's game. Downtown is shut down, people are all out in the streets going nuts in their black and gold. The pregame show starts at 5:30. I think kickoff is at 7:30. Today in the paper they ran a picture of the dome lit with purple, green, and gold lights. It was really beautiful.

I know some bad things went down in the dome, but today and this game and all of the excitement leading up to it is symbolic of something very important to the area. People have been talking about the saints, and this game in particular since last spring when we learned the opening date in of the dome.

I've heard lots of talk about how tonight's game is just a temporary bounce back, that the Saints are doomed in the long run--all kinds of negative stuff. Well, keep it to yourself, at least until tomorrow. I hope none of ya'll are wasting space in the Dome tonight.

10 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Who'd a ever thunk they'd go and win the damn thing?

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Alison,
I don't know if you ever check this thing, but Amy and I are going to be in New Orleans for New Years. Drop me an email if there's a chance we could get together. I'd email you, but I don't have your address.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Brian said...

We'll be getting back into New Orleans on the afternoon of the 30th and will be staying through the 1st. We'll head back to Florida on the morning of the 2nd. Drop me an email at briankspears-at-gmail-dot.com and we can discuss the particulars.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Michael Downs said...

Geaux Alison!

Congrats on the NEA! I just read the list on the web site ... I'm so pleased for you. I'm just finishing up my semester off -- thanks to an NEA I received last year. It's been a great thing. I hope you're feeling all the joy and airiness I remember of last December. Merry Christmas!

Michael Downs
michael.downs@umontana.edu

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger David Vincenti said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger David Vincenti said...

"that the Saints are doomed in the long run"

Well. Guess we're clear on that one now. Good luck to the Saints (and you, too)!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger nolapoet said...

Alison-- just checked the NEA list and saw YOUR NAME on it!!! Congratulaitons, and well-deserved!!!

Hope yáll had a great Carnival. I am stuck in ATL studying, but if you can manage to swing AWP, let's touch base at some point.

Best,
Robin

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Tbird said...

Thanks, Alison, for a knockout, damn fine reading at the recent Southern Literary Festival (April 12, 2008) at Southeastern Louisiana University....(I'm Executive Director of the Southern Literary Festival Association)...Tbird

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Tbird said...

Thanks for the knockout, damn fine reading you did at the recent Southern Literary Festival (April 12 at Southeastern Louisiana University)....all best, TbirdDroppings

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Todd Camplin said...

Is there anyway I can contact you about working on a visual art/poem collaboration?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home