Thursday, April 21, 2005

Hee Hee!

Do you ever get so delighted with yourself that you start to giggle at the least provocation? Well, that's how I feel today. I finished up some very big projects that were looming over me, and with that comes a certain degree of freedom. And I have practiced being assertive and delegating, and this is loosening my workload a bit. Also, yesterday I wrote a proposal that is so good I can't believe I had anything to do with it at all. I felt absolutely inspired, and after months of thinking about the project and conducting research, it just smacked me over the head and I finished it in only a few hours--I did a tablet draft while my kids were in the sandbox and typed it up right after they went to bed. It didn't even have a typo. I've been inspired in the classroom before, but never with a project for work. After my boss read it she gave me a two-pound praline and called me fantastic in a French accent.

After that I spent the night finishing a revision of one poem that's been due to an editor and working on another I started this week. Today my mom is picking up my kids at school, so I stayed here at school and finished a draft of the new poem. It's called "Breaking Curfew with the Ancient Chnese Poet." Hee Hee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home