Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Home for the Holidays

My computer is ill, I don't have an internet connection at home, and my head is in the sand. That's why I haven't been writing. And why bother, when the news is never that good. We are back in our home, but I feel like a squatter. Last night was the first really cold night, and there was air blowing in from underneath the doors, and through all these chinks we were unaware of. So depressing. I still have tile to group, trim to paint, other trim to cut . . . all sorts of things. We are waiting to find a carpenter to install our doors for a reasonable price. Currently, we have the old, rain swollen ones. Also, my house is crowded with my mother and brother and animals. None of us ever can relax. I did get a big big Christmas tree, and I let the kids decorate it, which means that all of the ornaments are on one branch. For outside decorations we festooned the large debris pile with mini lights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home