Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Squeezed

I would like to thank those of you who have written either publicly or privately to say how much you like my new book. I like it too, but in my family having a book out is so anticlimactic. I gave my mom a copy two months ago, and she still hasn't read it. How do I know this? Well, she left her copy of the book behind, and this made me mad. So I hid it, and she hasn't asked for it back. In the family, only my uncle said something nice. He asked me to sign his copy, and I did, and when I handed him the pen back he said he was going to sell it on ebay because it had been touched by a "famous author."

3 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hear ya- my ninety-six year old aunt told me my poetry 'was not from God and was destroying my family." Uh, okay then.

I haven't stopped writing, but I don't talk to her about it.

Enjoyed meeting you via blog- came from Reb at no tell motel

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger nolapoet said...

I wanna copy... give me the details backchannel and I'll buy one at once!

Oh, and register at the Virtual Patio. See hurricanepoetscheckin.blogspot.com for info.

Hope you are well!

Robin

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Rob said...

My chapbook is just out too. It's out on a small press. I don't have a clue how many have been sold, but that's the odd thing.
You work for ages on poems and put them together with a lot of thought as to the correct order etc.
Then the chapbook is released and you've not a clue who is buying it, let alone who is reading it (well, one or two people have told me they've been reading it).
Anyway, I'll have to take a closer look at your blog (I just stumbled across it) and find some of your poems.

All the best for good sales.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home