Monday, December 19, 2005

No News Is Bad News

I've been waiting and waiting for some book news concerning my next collection. Well, the news came today, and it isn't good. I'm really deflated, and a little pissed off. I feel so dumb for getting my hopes up, but if you had heard what you told me . . . . "we just want to be sure your manuscript is still available . . . we'll be in touch the next few day" you would have thought a book deal was coming your way too. I could just puke.

Attention all editors: The next time I am a hair awy from something, just don't even tell me. Let me walk around thinking you threw my book away ten seconds after you took it out of the envelope.

5 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Off topic, but tag, if you're interested in playing.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger nolapoet said...

Alison,

Thank you for sending me your chapbook--it was a welcome surprise, and I look forward to reading it carefully--but clearly you can WRITE YOUR ASS OFF. Their loss, girl.

Looking forward to returning the favor.

Merry Christmas!

Robin

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Lana Hechtman Ayers said...

Robin is right on -- their loss!

You are a gifted poet. A better press will come along, I'm sure.

Wishing you all good things in the coming new year,
Lana

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Don't know when you'll get this, but I officially added Squeezers to my class required reading list. The FAU bookstore had to ask me for more info about the publisher, but so far it looks like it will get ordered and I'll be using it late in the term.

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Lana Hechtman Ayers said...

Brian,

Your school can order Squeezers from Concrete Wolf by emailing
editors@concretewolf.com.

It is such a wonderful collection. Your students are very fortunate to have you as a teacher and to have Alison's book as part of thier class experience.

--Best, Lana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home